Disgruntled employees’ lodge on average 5,000 Tribunal claims every week. It is evident given this number, that employees’ are being forced to seek recourse in the Tribunals in order to obtain [effective remedy and redress] to their grievances.
I believe this is attribuatble to three things:
1. Inadequate training within the employer’s Human Resources Department,
2. The employer choosing to act in a “capricious manner “to ‘limit its liability’.
3. Employees’ fail to establish facts within their ‘grievance letter’ or ‘Tribunal claim’ to make their employer liable to pay them any compensation.
According to the Employment Tribunals own website, an employer will spend approxiamately £25,000.00 to defend itself against a claim for harassment/discrimination.
The Tribunals website also indicates that the ‘average awards’ to employees’ during the year 2017/2018 was:-
1. £19,152 for Sex Discrimination, Sex Harassment
2. £31,988 for Disability Discrimination, Disability Harassment
3. £36,853 for Race Discrimination, Race Harassment
4. £16,543 for Unfair Dismissal
5.£113,667.00 for Whistle-Blowing